Saturday 12 October 2013

Traditional Jewellery.

For Prince Amir it is easy to think of luxury whilst reading the story. Another reason as to why I think of jewellery is because Price Amir is being pressured by his mother to find somebody to marry. 

This is stated when Princess Zehra says to Amir: 



Turquoise stone : Energies : Luck, Love, Protection and Healing.

Ruby Stone: Energies: Love and Healing.

Emerald: Energies: Love, Prosperity and Healing.

Sapphire: Energies: Power, Love and Healing.

http://crystal-cure.com/ for the stone colour energies.)

I have researched into jewellery that is traditionally worn at Indian weddings and my research has shown me the style which is worn. 

Golds metal is often worn with jowls of a certain colour. 
Rich colour such as the ones mention above are often used. The colours are rich and the jewellery can be very extravagant. 

I looked into a few different websites to look for extravagant jewellery which I could use for Price Amir's item. 

I have decided to use a ring as the symbolism I wish to use to explain Prince Amir. 
The reason for the ring, is to link in with what is expected of him, his mother wishes for him to find a bride, so she throws a Ball in which all the eligible girls are invited. At the beginning this ring appears to much as Amir isn't comfortable with himself or the land in which he lives. I don't feel that at the beginning of the story he is ready for marriage and seems to immature. However towards the end, once the Ball has finished and he has danced and fallen in love with this mysterious girl does he face his problems, over come he Sins that to process him he then commit to Ash girl and the ring becomes something that relates to him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment