Saturday 18 May 2013

Idea...

 For my set design for Hamlet, I have decided to create a play of time. Setting the play within an abandoned theatre auditorium. I liked to appearance and text of the buildings in the research I have done previously >
http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2011/02/spectacular-abandoned-theatres-cinemas-northeastern-united-states/

I have thought about the play Hamlet and how it is Shakespeare's most famous play, and how long it has been going on for.I liked the image above and thought about whether I could make a set design which depicts how the lay has travelled through time and interpreted by a theatre group, which has not got the funds to put on an extravagant play but they have been performing it for years. 
My whole idea is around time and ageing. For the set I would make it quite simple and minimal as the scene changes are very fast and fluent, so i feel that a minimal set will help the pace of the show. 

The costumes will be aged in appearance, faded and weathered. I feel that with all the idea that I could do, I feel strongest about this piece as I think it shows the loyalty to the play and the history and culture of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment